The blog of an advertising student, including postings on interest, general research, discoveries and work

Wednesday 14 October 2009

DESIGNER STUDY: Laura Foreman



She's was one of the judges of the area i want to enter for d&ad this year, so thats where I started from,
She studied natural sciences at Camebridge, and writes poetry..

From ISTD Typographers/26 Writers. Exhibition at The British Library

When I was as tall as the book stack by my bed is now,
I'd push my finger along the pages
Prodding each word to see if it had any life in it.
When I could call them all, they'd shake awake
And tell me a story.
I don't even notice it happening any more.

From:

She and FromFiftyFive worked on an idea of six word stories,
Stories made up of only six words, here is hers:

GIVEN
UP
YET?
NO,
STILL
TRYING.

They said they are commissioning other writers to come up with some, so that's one to watch!

From: http://www.sixbyten.com/

She has also taken part in this book


which looks interesting, heres the review from

In a world of dumbed-down media and txt-speak, six of the most talented young writers speak out. This is a must-have anthology for anyone interested in the future of poetry, featuring new work by Joe Dunthorne, Inua Ellams, Laura Forman, Emma McGordon, Abigail Oborne and James Wilkes.

No comments:

Post a Comment